Hello Class 2,
I hope you are getting on well and are enjoying the learning activities set for you, along with any other tasks you have been up to. The weather has been fab this week, I hope it continues for you so you can get outdoors and enjoy the sunshine.
Here are your home learning activities…
For your English learning this week, I have attached several tasks for you to have a go at.
Pick from the BBC Bitesize Home Learning page to help enrich your English learning experience.
Over six weeks in June and July, BBC will be celebrating a different Blue Peter badge a week and asking you to show us how you are getting on by sending in your photos and videos. We’re calling it Blue Peter’s 6 Badges of Summer. Green, Sport, Music, Blue, Fan Club and Silver – 6 Blue Peter Badges you can earn right now!
Blue Peter’s 6 Badges of Summer
Green, Sport, Music, Blue, Purple and Silver – 6 Blue Peter Badges you can earn right now!
Get your fill of dinosaur facts and fun, and find out all about the reptiles that once dominated our planet.
Geography – Your local area
History with Mrs Waters
Hello Class 2,
I hope you are all well.
Did you enjoy the story of Grace darling? She was so brave to go out to sea and rescue those 9 people.
Here are the answers to last week’s questions and this week’s work.
- What year was Grace Darling born? 1815.
- Where did Grace Darling live? In a Lighthouse in Northumberland.
- What was Grace Darling’s fathers’ job? Lighthouse keeper.
- Why are lighthouses built tall and round? To stand up against storms.
- How many rooms are there on each floor of the lighthouse? One.
- What time was it when Grace noticed the ship? 5am.
- Who rowed the boat to rescue people? Grace.
- How many people did they save? Nine.
- What had Grace’s mother made when they returned from the rescue? Soup.
- After the rescue Grace was sent lots of gifts but what is her most treasured gift and why? A locket with nine hairs in it, one from each of the people they had rescued.
This week I would like you please to draw, paint or make your own lighthouse where Grace Darling lived or the locket that Grace Darling was given.
When you have done this please can you add some or all of the answers to the questions as facts to your drawing, painting or model. You could have them going in a spiral up the lighthouse or inside the locket, it’s up to you. Please send pictures of your work to Miss Preece via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Be creative, have fun and I look forward to seeing your work.
PE with Mrs Waters
Have a great week,
All the best,