Our school, nestling in the heart of the Clun Valley, and surrounded by the beautiful South Shropshire countryside, offers a creative, challenging and nurturing environment for our children.
Find out more about each class by clicking on the links here:
We are fortunate enough to be a three class school. Our school currently has 74 children on roll; small enough to ensure each child is valued as an individual, but large enough to have a football team! We have excellent facilities for three to five year olds in our Foundation Stage Unit.We are a European Green Flag Eco School and ‘Forest School’ is well-established and integrated into our school life.
As a school committed to the Arts, our children have access to a wide range of arts activities throughout the year, reflecting the unique creative culture of the Clun valley. Many of our children enjoy music lessons from skilled peripatetic teachers; we currently offer tuition in violin and piano.
We offer extensive and varied after-school provision with well attended clubs such as football, young engineers, crafts and many more. We have an industrious and committed PTA who fund many exciting opportunities for the children.
West Mercia Police and Shropshire Council support our school with the Safer School initiative. We are an accredited ‘Safer School’ and proud of our Safer School sign and certificate. The accreditation is reviewed every two years.
The initiative is a holistic, practical and realistic approach to school security and personal safety. It gives our school a clear focus on the subject and turns a negative subject into a positive one. It sets a minimum standard for school security.
The essential elements of the ‘Safer School’ process include:-
- Implementing a security policy that the governors have adopted.
- Consulting parents/carers and pupils/students for their views and updating them on any progress.
- Publicity of Safer Schools to school staff, pupils, school neighbours, parents and prospective parents.
- Establishing a Safer School Group. This Safer School Group is a partnership of school stakeholders – Headteacher/Deputy, staff, governors, parents, pupils, neighbours, Shropshire Council and West Mercia Police.
- Regularly reviewing and implementing good practice and essential security/safety measures for staff, pupils, the site and assets.
- Educating pupils through the Personal, Social, Health and Economic curriculum programme or the Safer School folder.
- A daily procedure for recording incidents should they occur i.e. trespass, burglary, theft, anti-social behaviour, vandalism, arson, suspicious activity etc., both during school hours and out-of hours.
- Solving real problems rather than perceived problems. Prioritising work (if any) and reviewing action.
- If there are security issues i.e. vandalism, anti-social behaviour etc., the intention of the initiative is to reduce/eliminate the issues.