Rules for Safe Use of the Internet.
- A list of agreed rules will be displayed in appropriate locations around the school and a copy given to each member of staff.
- These rules will be shared with pupils to ensure they understand the importance of these rules.
- Should any pupil not keep to these rules, their access to and use of the Internet will be restricted.
- Staff will teach the children how to use these rules through QCA units of work and supporting software.
- Pupils and staff will report any material they consider offensive to the ICT co-ordinator or Headteacher. The safety filter (operated by Shropshire Council) will then be adjusted accordingly.
- Pupils in Key Stage One will be given access to specific websites only.
- Pupils in Key Stage Two will conduct focussed searches using safe search engines.
- All children will be supervised by an adult when using the Internet.
- Any email correspondence that the children are engaged in will be prearranged by the class teacher. The school will use a secure Email system.
- Pupils may not access personal email addresses from the school system.
The ICT co-ordinator and technician will ensure that adequate virus protection is in place throughout the school site.